Paneer (1.5” Cubes): 400g
Lemon juice: 2tsp
Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
Oil (vegetable/coconut): 1 tbsp
Shallots (sliced): 8-10
Curry leaves: 1 sprig
Masala powder: 2 tbsp (30g)
Fresh ground pepper: 1 tbsp
- In a bowl add paneer, lemon juice, turmeric and ginger garlic paste. Mix well and keep aside to marinate for 15-30 min
- In a pan heat the oil and add the onion and curry leaves to it. Saute for 3-5 minutes till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the marinated paneer and fry it for about 1 minute on each side.
- Mix the masala with ½ cup water to make a slurry. Add it to the paneer and mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 5 minutes or till the paneer is done.
- Add the fresh ground pepper to the paneer and mix well. Stir on high flame till the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with steamed rice, appams or parotta