Mushroom (cut half lengthwise) 500g
Ghee 4 tbsp
Ammikal Masala 2 tbsp (30g)
Jaggery ½ tsp (chopped)
- Mix the masala with 2-3 tbsp water to make a thick paste
- Heat ghee in a thick flat bottomed pan. (Feel free to add more ghee for a richer taste)
- Add the mushroom and saute for about 30 seconds on high flame.
- Reduce the flame to low and add the masala paste.
- Mix well with the mushroom and ghee.
- Cook for 15 minutes on low flame while stirring gently and continuously
- Add a quarter cup of water and jaggery. Mix well.
- Cook till it reduces to a thick gravy consistency.
- Serve with neer dosa, rice or parotta.