Boneless meat: 500g (Cut into 1 inch cubes)
Green chilli: 2 (slit)
Ginger: 2” piece
Curry leaves: 1 sprig
Masala powder: 2 heaped tbsp (30g)
Coconut pieces: 1 cup (1” slivers)
Coconut oil: ¼ cup
Garlic: 4 cloves (sliced thin)
Shallots (or onion): 1 cup (sliced)
- In a pressure cooker add the meat, green chilli, ginger, curry leaves, masala powder and ½ cup water and mix well (Don’t add too much water as the meal will also release its own water).
- Cook on high till first whistle, reduce to medium - low and cook for another 4-5 whistles or until meat is cooked. Let the pressure drop naturally in the cooker.
- Open the cooker and put on medium high flame. Add the coconut pieces and cook until almost all the water evaporates.
- In another pan add the coconut oil. Add the garlic and shallots and cook till soft. Add the cooked meat and stir fry on medium-low until browned well (~15 minutes)
- Add some curry leaves just before serving and mix well. Serve hot.