Unripe jackfruit meat 500g (2 inch cubes)
Green chilli 2 (slit)
Ginger 2” piece
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Masala powder 2 heaped tbsp (30g)
Coconut pieces 1 cup (1” slivers)
Coconut oil ¼ cup
Garlic 4 cloves (sliced thin)
Shallots (or onion) 1 cup (sliced)
- In a pressure cooker add the jackfruit, green chilli, ginger, curry leaves, masala powder and ½ cup water and mix well (Don’t add too much water as it’ll need to be reduced later)
- Cook on high till first whistle, reduce to medium - low and cook for another 1-2 whistles or until jackfruit is cooked. Let the pressure drop naturally in the cooker.
- Open the cooker and put on medium high flame. Add the coconut pieces and cook until almost all the water evaporates.
- In another pan add the coconut oil. Add the garlic and shallots and cook till soft. Add the cooked jackfruit and stir fry on medium-low until browned well (~15 minutes)
- Add some curry leaves just before serving and mix well. Serve hot.