Kovakkai (slit lengthwise): 400g
Coconut oil: 1 tbsp
Shallots (sliced): 8-10
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
Curry leaves: 2 sprigs
Masala paste: 2 tbsp (40g)
Coconut oil: 1 tsp (for serving)
- In a deep pot heat the coconut oil. Add the sliced shallots and fry for 2 minutes.
- When onions are lightly browned add ginger garlic paste and curry leaves and saute for another 2 minutes on medium high heat.
- Mix the masala paste with ½ cup water and add to the vessel. Cook for 2 minutes on medium low heat or till oil separates.
- Add the kovakkai and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add 1 cup water and mix well. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer.
- When kovakkai is cooked drizzle coconut oil and serve