Fish (preferably sea fish): 500g
Coconut oil: 1 tbsp
Shallots (sliced): 8-10
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
Curry leaves: 2 sprigs
Masala paste: 2 tbsp (40g)
Coconut oil: 1 tsp (for serving)
- In a meen chatti (or any deep pot) heat the coconut oil. Add the sliced shallots and fry for 2 minutes.
- When onions are lightly browned add ginger garlic paste and curry leaves and saute for another 2 minutes on medium high heat.
- Mix the masala paste with ½ cup water and add to the vessel. Cook for 2 minutes on medium low heat or till oil separates.
- Add 1 cup water and mix well. Add the fish and simmer for 10 minutes.
- When fish is cooked drizzle coconut oil and serve