Mutton mince 1kg
Chana dal (soaked) 200g (1 cup)
Onions (rough chopped) 2 large
Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
Lemon juice 1-2 tbsp
Onion (finely chopped) 1 large
Mint leaves ½ cup
Green chilli 3-4
Oil/Ghee for frying
Ammikal Masala 1 packet
- In a pressure cooked add the mutton mince, rough chopped onions, ginger and garlic paste, chana dal, Ammikal masala, 1 cup water and mix well. (do not add too much water as the meat will also release its own)
- Pressure cook on high till the first whistle and then lower the heat and cook for another 10-12 minutes. Let the pressure drop naturally.
- Open the cooker and add the lemon juice. Cook on high while stirring continuously to reduce any left over liquid. Make sure that the mixture is completely dry.
- Grind the mixture coarsely. (you can grind it fine if you prefer)
- Finely chop the onion, mint and green chilli and mix with meat mixture.
- Make 15-20 round patties with the mixture and shallow fry on medium heat until both sides are brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges and sliced onions.